Egypt has formed a special panel to investigate the cause of a fire that erupted in Ramses Telephone Exchange in central Cairo, following directives from President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi, Prime Minister Moustafa Madbouly said Wednesday. Speaking at the weekly Cabinet meeting, Prime Minister Madbouly said the panel would assess the incident and identify measures to prevent future disruptions. He stressed the urgency of restoring all services affected by the fire to their original quality and capacity. Earlier in the day, the prime minister visited the site to inspect the ongoing restoration work and assess the damage. The blaze, which broke out earlier on Monday, disrupted telecom operations and prompted a major civil response. Prime Minister Madbouly praised the efforts of civil defence and emergency personnel in containing the fire and minimising harm, and reiterated the government's commitment to quickly resuming full functionality at the exchange. Attribution: Amwal Al Ghad