Three kidnapped Egyptians released in Mali after government coordination    Egypt's PM reviews Sukari Mine developments with AngloGold Ashanti    Egypt raises minimum, maximum insurance wage starting Jan 2026    How to Combine PDF Files Quickly and Easily    Egypt's agricultural exports climb to 8.5m tons in 2025    SCB signs protocol with e-Aswaaq Misr to boost SME financing, drive digital transformation    ABE chair meets Beheira, Daqahleya governors to advance agricultural development    CIB launches training programme, awareness campaigns for Global Fraud Awareness Week    Israel accused of ceasefire violations as humanitarian risks escalate in Gaza    Maternal, fetal health initiative screens over 3.6 million pregnant women    Ahl Masr Burn Hospital Concludes First Scientific Forum, Prepares for Expanded Second Edition in 2026    Australia returns 17 rare ancient Egyptian artefacts    Egypt expands rollout of Universal Health Insurance    China invites Egypt to join African duty-free export scheme    Egypt calls for stronger Africa-Europe partnership at Luanda summit    Egypt begins 2nd round of parliamentary elections with 34.6m eligible voters    Egypt warns of erratic Ethiopian dam operations after sharp swings in Blue Nile flows    Egypt scraps parliamentary election results in 19 districts over violations    Egypt extends Ramses II Tokyo Exhibition as it draws 350k visitors to date    Egypt signs host agreement for Barcelona Convention COP24 in December    Al-Sisi urges probe into election events, says vote could be cancelled if necessary    Filmmakers, experts to discuss teen mental health at Cairo festival panel    Cairo International Film Festival to premiere 'Malaga Alley,' honour Khaled El Nabawy    Cairo hosts African Union's 5th Awareness Week on Post-Conflict Reconstruction on 19 Nov.    Egypt golf team reclaims Arab standing with silver; Omar Hisham Talaat congratulates team    Egypt launches National Strategy for Rare Diseases at PHDC'25    Egypt adds trachoma elimination to health success track record: WHO    Grand Egyptian Museum welcomes over 12,000 visitors on seventh day    'Royalty on the Nile': Grand Ball of Monte-Carlo comes to Cairo    Egypt launches Red Sea Open to boost tourism, international profile    Omar Hisham Talaat: Media partnership with 'On Sports' key to promoting Egyptian golf tourism    Sisi expands national support fund to include diplomats who died on duty    Egypt's PM reviews efforts to remove Nile River encroachments    Egypt resolves dispute between top African sports bodies ahead of 2027 African Games    Germany among EU's priciest labour markets – official data    Paris Olympic gold '24 medals hit record value    It's a bit frustrating to draw at home: Real Madrid keeper after Villarreal game    Russia says it's in sync with US, China, Pakistan on Taliban    Shoukry reviews with Guterres Egypt's efforts to achieve SDGs, promote human rights    Sudan says countries must cooperate on vaccines    Johnson & Johnson: Second shot boosts antibodies and protection against COVID-19    Egypt to tax bloggers, YouTubers    Egypt's FM asserts importance of stability in Libya, holding elections as scheduled    We mustn't lose touch: Muller after Bayern win in Bundesliga    Egypt records 36 new deaths from Covid-19, highest since mid June    Egypt sells $3 bln US-dollar dominated eurobonds    Gamal Hanafy's ceramic exhibition at Gezira Arts Centre is a must go    Italian Institute Director Davide Scalmani presents activities of the Cairo Institute for ITALIANA.IT platform    







Thank you for reporting!
This image will be automatically disabled when it gets reported by several people.



'Justice' done after red rescinded, says Newcastle captain
Published in Ahram Online on 29 - 10 - 2015

Newcastle United captain Fabricio Coloccini said "justice" had been done after the Football Association rescinded the red card he received during the 3-0 defeat by Sunderland on Sunday.
Referee Robert Madley sent the Argentine off just before halftime for a challenge on Steven Fletcher and awarded a penalty for Newcastle's local rivals, which Adam Johnson converted.
Newcastle won their subsequent appeal against the sending off and Coloccini is now available for Saturday's Premier League visit of Stoke City.
"It is justice," Coloccini told the club's website (www.nufc.co.uk). "It is not a surprise to me that the red card was overturned because it was a wrong decision.
"I am happy because I am able to play against Stoke, but it does not change what happened on Sunday. The red card affected the game and the result, which was very painful for everyone in the club and the city.
"We lost the game, we lost three points and we lost the derby. We cannot get that back, and that is why I cannot be too happy about winning the appeal -- it does not change these things.
"As soon as the referee gave the red card, I knew it was wrong. I spoke with the referee but he had made his decision."
The FA, however, have charged the club for "failing to control their players in relation to their reaction to the match referee's decision".
Newcastle sit second from bottom in the league table with six points from 10 games, two points ahead of Aston Villa and below Sunderland on goal difference.
(For more sports news andupdates, followAhramOnlineSportson Twitter at@AO_Sportsand onFacebookatAhramOnlineSports.)
http://english.ahram.org.eg/News/162131.aspx


Clic here to read the story from its source.