The future of Samuel Eto'o with Barcelona is no more under scrutiny after coach Josep Guardiola confirmed the Cameroonian's stay with the Blaugrana. Eto'o was almost set to leave Barca when Guardiola implied earlier this summer that the prolific striker 'does not feature' in his plans. However, Eto'o enjoyed an impressive pre-season campaign with Guardiola's team, who already loaded off Ronaldinho and Deco. "I think we will get the best Eto'o back," the Barca boss said ahead of Wednesday's Champions League qualifier with Wisla Krakow. "When I was unveiled I said I was not counting on him but I also said we would treat him as any other player. My job is to get a good performance from the players which the club makes available to me. "During the past two, three weeks, the past month that we have been together, I have been very pleased with his performance, not only on the pitch but in terms of his relationship with his team-mates. "This is what made me decide that he will be staying with us. I am convinced that he will perform really well because he is a player with much talent." Eto'o maintained his remarkable record of being Barcelona's top scorer ever since joining the club in 2004. The 28-year-old has also dominated the top scorers' chart during the past two African Cup of Nations competitions.