Egypt to halt construction of residential units in high-density areas    Saudi Arabia issues Hajj health protocol against COVID-19    Egypt's military production minister Mohamed El-Assar passes away    Fundamental differences over GERD persist: Egypt's irrigation ministry    STC willing to buy only Vodafone Group's 55% stake in Egypt unit    El-Dabaa, Amer shortlisted for MCSD chairperson position    Egypt's Defence Ministry renamed Ministry of War    Egypt mobile prices increase 15% due to new NTRA fees, low imports    Disputed Nile dam talks continue for 4th day, but no deal yet    Film, pop stars line up for COVID-19 fundraising concert    ‘Gone with the Wind' makes HBO Max return with commentary on slavery    Egypt banks see EGP 62bn increase in local currency deposits in May    Egypt's Red Sea resorts received 3,000 tourists over the past week    Egypt, Eritrea vow to ensure Horn of Africa stability    Van Damme mourns death of iconic Egyptian actress Ragaa El-Giddawy    Broadway veteran Nick Cordero dies from virus complications    US tops 130,000 deaths from COVID-19 after record surge in cases    Oscar-winning Italian composer Ennio Morricone dead at 91    LFF 2020 offers hybrid format adapting to COVID-19 challenges    Egypt looking to ban importing products with local alternatives    China's Inner Mongolia takes precautions after detecting bubonic plague case    China begins pulling back troops near site of India border clash, Indian sources say    PMI: Egypt's non-oil private sector activity at its slowest rate in Jun    Liverpool not focused on records, says coach Klopp    Guardiola at a loss to explain Manchester City defeats    Messi will finish career at Barcelona, says club president    Africa starts opening airspace even as COVID-19 cases climb    India overtakes Russia, now 3rd in virus cases    Israel announces successful launch of new spy satellite    Egypt receives first $2 billion tranche of IMF standby loan: minister    Egypt sees highest daily COVID-19 recoveries, fewer infections, deaths    Egypt's Sisi revises western border security plans    No consensus yet in Ethiopia's disputed dam ‘separate talks'    Canada should focus on boosting the economy even as debt climbs -analysts    Trump repeats vow to defeat 'radical left' in 4 July speech    TikTok distances from Beijing in responce to India app ban    Iconic actress Ragaa El-Gedawy passes away at 81 from COVID-19    Boris Johnson likely to start phasing out Huawei's 5G role soon    Egypt records 1,324 new coronavirus cases on Saturday – health ministry    Egypt reopens 5 museums, 8 archaeological sites and operates 171 international, domestic flights    Egypt's Zamalek to continue training Thursday, but domestic league participation unclear    Federation of Egyptian Banks denies funding GERD: eletreby    Saudi development authority starts executing phase I of giant cultural project    11 coronavirus cases detected at Egyptian Premier League clubs – EFA    Egypt to host World Handball Championship on time despite COVID-19: EHF President    Liverpool's Egyptian winger Salah fit for Crystal Palace clash – coach Klopp    Egypt's parliament Oks amendments to House law amid differences over election    CAF draws timeline for resumed continental championships amid COVID-19    







Thank you for reporting!
This image will be automatically disabled when it gets reported by several people.





AC Milan president opposes plan to restart with Cup matches
Published in Ahram Online on 29 - 05 - 2020

AC Milan President Paolo Scaroni says he is opposed to plans to restart the Italian season by playing the Coppa Italia semi-finals and final in the space of a few days.
The season was suspended on March 9 due to the novel coronavirus outbreak after the semi-final first legs had been played.
Sports Minister Vincenzo Spadafora confirmed on Thursday Serie A could resume on June 20 and suggested the Coppa Italia could be completed beforehand, with the second legs, Napoli v Inter Milan and Juventus v AC Milan, on June 13 and the final three days later.
"We understand the value of being able to offer all fans quality matches after months of lockdown," Scaroni told the ANSA news agency.
"But, from a sports point of view, we find it questionable to award an important trophy like the Coppa Italia with two matches in three days ... after more than three months of downtime."
The Gazzetta dello Sport said Inter Milan and Juventus were also opposed to the plans.
Two other club presidents welcomed the government's decision to restart the season.
"I'm sure that with this restart, our football will be able to maintain that high standard of quality that is recognised throughout the world," said Lazio's Claudio Lotito, whose side are second in Serie A, one point behind leaders Juventus.
Torino's Urbano Cairo said he had been sceptical about continuing the season but now agreed it should carry on.
"I was not only thinking about what is of interest to me but about a more general outlook and the health of the players and public. That's why I was doubtful," he told ANSA.
"Now, we've decided to get under way again and I'm obviously here to do things in the best possible way".
(For more sports news and updates, follow Ahram Online Sports on Twitter at @AO_Sports and on Facebook at AhramOnlineSports.)


Clic here to read the story from its source.