India to participate in Leaders' Summit on Climate    Comedy, food, and fitness: Your guide to YouTube this Ramadan    Ethiopia signs $907 mln financing pact with World Bank    Egypt wins 2 medals at Beirut International Innovation Fair    Egypt increases gasoline prices by 25 piasters per litre    Live score: Arsenal v Everton (English Premier League)    Egypt's Shoukry, Tunisian President discuss regional developments, GERD updates    Syrian missile lands near Israel's Dimona nuclear reactor    Egyptian military's brilliance behind 10th of Ramadan victory: Al-Sisi    EBRD President visits Egypt's business accelerator, Falak Startups    Egypt's largest solar plant, Kom Ombo, receives $114m financing package    Egypt's Al-Sisi directs formulating integrated plan to develop local industrial sector    Egypt follows situation of Egyptian citizen stabbed in Kuwait    Iran cuts number of centrifuges enriching uranium to 60% purity, IAEA report says    Factbox: Key nominations for the 2021 Academy Awards    UN Security Council notes concern over humanitarian situation in Ethiopia's Tigray region    Egyptian screenwriter Mostafa Moharam dies aged 81    Egyptian actor Ahmed Hatem launches 'Arabeit Al-Kheir' during the month of Ramadan    Garagous pottery factory closes in blow to Egypt's intangible heritage    Egypt's stocks end week in mixed notes, benchmark EGX 30 slumps 0.40%    Egyptian league debutants Ceramica Cleopatra sack coach Shaaban after Cup exit    Sanctions-battered Iran, weary of pandemic, faces worst wave    Fresh investments, cooperation in Egypt's development projects are coming from EBRD    African countries urged to use vaccines quickly after expiry confusion    Egypt's central bank raises daily withdrawal, transfer limits using mobile phone wallets    Egyptian handball star Ahmed Al-Ahmar becomes most crowned continental champion    Russian defence minister oversees large-scale military drills in Crimea: RIA    European Super League proposal ragged after several withdrawals    Atletico Madrid's Hurricane hits Spanish La Liga    Ahly taste first league defeat as El-Shennawi blunder gives Smouha last-gasp win    Egypt's FM discusses GERD issue with Nigerien president    Al-Sisi affirms depth of Egypt-US ties, praises counterterrorism cooperation    Egypt to receive 500K of Chinese Sinopharm vaccine this month, Zayed    Egypt's Shoukry meets Comoros President on 2nd leg of African tour    Sinai victim avenged    Relentless diplomacy    Grand Egyptian Museum receives 3rd Tutankhamun shrine    Russia will soon announce resumption of charter flights to Egyptian resorts    US-Egypt Business Council urges Biden's administration to include Egypt in climate-focused discussions    Egypt studies possibility of locally manufacturing Sputnik V vaccine    Cairo International Film Festival unveils dates for 43rd edition    Rotterdam Film Festival announces June 2021 hybrid programme    Old Cairo's Al-Fustat will be revamped on Egyptian President's directives    Veteran Egyptian journalist Makram Mohamed Ahmed passes away at 86    Allianz Egypt partners with IGNITE to equip brand ambassadors for 2021 Olympics    Hassan Allam consortium wins contract to manage, operate Grand Egyptian Museum    Enhanced Labs signs Mr. Olympia 2020 "Big Ramy" And His Trainer Dennis James    Seasoned Egyptian screenwriter Wahid Hamed dies at 76    







Thank you for reporting!
This image will be automatically disabled when it gets reported by several people.





EGX sees strong selling pressure for 5th session straight
Stocks account for 42.62% of total value traded on main market, remaining 57.38% captured by bonds over last week
Published in Daily News Egypt on 07 - 03 - 2021

The Egyptian Exchange (EGX) has witnessed strong selling pressure for the fifth consecutive session, clearly shown through the bearish performance of all market indices.
Traders advise to use any rebound that would be seen as a chance to reduce the margin.
Mohamed El Aasar, Head of the Technical Analysis Department at Thndr Securities Brokerage, said that most of the active trading stocks are underperforming on the EGX.
As a result, they have already broken below their key support levels, thus this performance variation would call for adopting a conservative discipline to deal with each stock separately.
He added that, in case of witnessing further decline, Thndr Securities Brokerage's focus will remain concerned on the next support level lying at 11,288 points, which represents February's low.
According to the current market conditions, any rebound would be seen as a chance to reduce the margin.
"We will keep our conservative viewpoint as long as the Index keeps trading below the resistance area that lies between 11,630 – 11,675 points," El Aasar said, "Short term traders are advised to adhere to the stop loss levels for each stock separately and reduce marginal exposures at any rebounding attempt."
The benchmark index EGX30 closed at 11,333.86 points, recording a decline of 2.44%. The EGX70 EWI posted an 8.34% loss concluding the period at 2,185.69 points, while the S&P index declined by 2.75%, and concluded the period at 1,897.7 points.
The EGX30 capped declined by 2.5% and concluded at 13,905.49 points, while the EGX100 EWI declined by 6.59%, and concluded the period at 3,198.81 points.
Total market capitalisation reached EGP 689.9bn at the end of the period, representing a decrease of 2.74% over the last week.
The total value traded recorded EGP 17.6bn, while the total volume traded reached 3,346 million securities executed over 239,000 transactions last week.
For the last week, the total value traded recorded EGP 18.3bn, while the total volume traded reached 3,661 million securities executed over 256,000 transactions.
Stocks trading accounted for 42.62% of the total value traded of the main market, while the remaining 57.38% were captured by bonds over the last week.
Egyptians represented 84.2% of the value traded in listed stocks after excluding deals during the period. Foreigners accounted for 9.1%, while Arabs captured 6.6%. Foreigners were net sellers, with a net of EGP 114.3m, and Arabs were net buyers, with a net of EGP 48.0m, after excluding deals in listed stocks.
Since the beginning of the year, Egyptians represented 84.6% of the value traded in listed stocks after excluding deals, Foreigners accounted for 8.7%, while Arabs captured 6.8%. Foreigners were net buyers by EGP 148.1m, and Arabs were net buyers by EGP 180.9m, after excluding deals in listed stocks during this year since they started.


Clic here to read the story from its source.